Have you always wanted to have beautiful, silky legs? Know that it’s easier than you think! Professionals can help you achieve your goal, but there are also homemade methods you can try. Between the right lotions, waxing techniques and makeup, you’ll be achieving silky legs in no time.
Give your legs a beautiful satin finish. Once a week, remove dead skin cells with a good scrub. Apply it to dry skin and massage in large circular motions on thighs, legs and buttocks.
On rough areas such as knees or feet, use smaller circles and more vigorous strokes. Then moisturize.
To keep your skin looking flawless, get rid of unwanted hair. Prefer quick and efficient methods, such as wax strips or electric epilators, which allow you to pull out the hair, and therefore be at peace for three weeks.
Pay particular attention to areas that are often overlooked, such as the knees or ankles, making sure to always remove hair from the back of the head.
First thing: Moisturize your legs
1. Use a moisturizing lotion.
Legs that are moisturized automatically have a beautiful glow. You can moisturize your skin to make it look younger and much more radiant. Apply a layer of lotion to give your legs a beautiful, subtle glow. You can find many moisturizing lotions in beauty supply stores and convenience stores, but you can also use natural products like coconut oil or shea butter to moisturize your skin.
- Always apply lotion after showering to help your skin retain moisture and prevent it from looking dull.
- Always apply lotion after shaving or waxing your legs. Shaving and waxing can be harsh on the skin, so you should always remember to moisturize.
- If you’re wearing shorts or a dress, keep a small lotion on you that you can apply throughout the day. Every 2-3 hours, rub the lotion into your legs to keep them shiny.
2. Exfoliate your legs.
Exfoliation is the best way to get smooth, shiny legs because it removes dead skin cells. Dead skin cells make skin look dull and dry. By removing the top layer of skin, you reveal a new layer of shiny, hydrated skin. Use a body scrub to exfoliate your legs 2 to 3 times a week.
Body scrubs are sold at most convenience stores and beauty supply stores. You can also create your own scrub.
To make your own scrub, you will need sugar or salt and some type of oil (olive oil, coconut oil, etc.). The sugar or salt will act as the exfoliator, and the oil will be the moisturizer. Mix your ingredients together until you have a thick paste. You can store your scrub in an airtight container kept in the shower.
To give your scrub a relaxing scent, you can mix it with essential oil (like rosemary oil or peppermint oil )
3. Apply oil to your legs.
If you want your legs to look really shiny, cover them with a small amount of oil. There are many oils you can use, such as coconut oil, jojoba oil or olive oil. When it comes to oil, even a small amount can do the trick. Pour a dab into your palms, rub your hands together and apply to your legs. The oil will create a shiny effect that will last for hours and revitalize your skin.
- Be careful when applying the oil to your skin, as the oil can easily stain clothing. To preserve your clothes, rub it in properly before getting dressed.
- Apply oil to your legs right after shaving to retain moisture.
✅ Bikini Waxing For Beginners : Everythings You Need To To Know
✅ How To Have A Spa Day At Home: 17 Diy Spa Ideas
Second thing: Remove the hair on the legs
4. Shave your legs.
Shaving is the fastest and easiest way to remove leg hair. It will automatically make your skin brighter. Shave your legs as often as you need to (some people shave every day while others shave once a week). Buy a good razor, especially if you have sensitive skin. A good razor usually has multiple blades and a conditioning strip.
- Use a good shaving cream. Many shaving creams are available in beauty supply stores and convenience stores, but you can also use natural products. For example, shea butter and coconut oil make excellent shaving creams because they deeply condition the skin.
- Take your time when shaving your legs. Don’t rush to cut or miss a section of hair.
- Shave your legs in a hot bath or shower. The warm water will open your pores and allow for a closer shave.
5. Get waxed.
Waxing is a great way to get smooth, shiny legs. The effects last longer than shaving, and while it’s more painful, it’s worth it if you’re looking for a more successful and longer-lasting result. Most people choose to have a professional wax, but you can do it yourself at home.
- For best results, you can exfoliate your legs before waxing.
- Buy a waxing kit. It should contain wax (which you’ll usually have to heat in the microwave), wax sticks and strips.
- Wax slowly and carefully. Apply the hot wax to a small section of skin at a time using the wax sticks, place the strip on the hot wax and press down. After 15 seconds, quickly pull the strip back. Repeat until your legs have been completely waxed.
- For more information on leg waxing, read this article.
6. Try laser hair removal.
This technique can get rid of hair for good. If you are tired of shaving and waxing regularly, you can try this method for permanent results. Laser hair removal is more painful and expensive than other methods, but most people find it worth it. You can have a professional remove hair or buy a laser hair removal kit at home.
- Laser hair removal usually requires 5 sessions (on average) to permanently remove all hair.
- The process of laser hair removal varies slightly from kit to kit, and you’ll need to make sure you read the instructions before doing anything.
✅ 10 Easy Diy Natural Homemade Beauty Products
✅ Make Your Own Cosmetics : 13 Homemade Cosmetic Recipes
Third thing: Use tanning products and makeup
7. Try tanning products.
Some people think that tanned or darker skin is brighter than lighter skin. If you have naturally dark or tanned skin, take advantage of it! All you need is a little lotion or oil to get the result you want. There’s nothing wrong with having lighter skin, but if you want to tan it, you can try natural sunlight, a tanning booth, spray tan or tanning lotion.
For faster results, buy a self-tanner at your local convenience store. These products are available in sprays or lotions. Read the instructions to use it correctly.
If you decide to tan in the sun or in a tanning booth, be very careful. Too much sun can damage the skin, so you should always wear sun protection.
8. Use body glitter.
Body glitter is available at most beauty supply stores or convenience stores. They are available in spray or lotion form and are a good way to add shine to the skin. Brands like Yves Rocher or Nocibé carry them.
You can also create your own body glitter instead of buying it. Pour some eyeshadow into your lotion, starting with a small pinch and then adding more until you get the desired glow. Apply the lotion to your legs as you normally would.
9. Use makeup to make your legs shine.
Makeup on the legs not only creates shine, but it also gives the skin an even tone. Natural and dewy types of foundation are great for legs, as are glittery powder foundations. Pour some product into your hands and then apply it to your legs in a thin layer. To apply the powder, use a wide brush and spread it in large circular motions on your skin.
Look for foundations that don’t wash off easily and are long-lasting.
Some high-end foundations you can try include Kate Von D’s Lock-it Foundation, Marc Jacobs Beauty’s Genuis Gel or M.A.C.’s Pro Longwear.
More affordable foundations that fall into this category include Revlon Colorstay 24 Hour Foundation, Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hr Foundation, and L’oréal Infallible Foundation, among others.
✅ 10 Easy Diy Natural Homemade Beauty Products
✅ 13 French Women’s Beauty Secrets
✅ 10 Beauty Secrets Of Kim Kardashian