If you are asked about your beauty routine, do you list your face care? And your body? One by one, when the skin is tight? Maybe at the beginning of the summer, to eradicate that crocodile skin before the beach… Wrong! For a healthy and comfortable skin on the long run, it is with the daily newspaper that it is necessary to take care of its body.
wash yourself well: the first beauty gesture
We wash for hygiene, of course. But it is also the B-A-BA of an epidermis in good shape, rid of the oxidizing particles that attack it, of the bacteria and dirt that clog its pores, cause inflammation, and hinder its cellular renewal. On the other hand, washing badly can be disastrous. Unsuitable gestures and products? Here you are with a stripped hydrolipidic film, the skin exposed. Taking care of your body by washing is easy! You just have to pay attention to :
2. Exfoliate: in (much) moderation
- Don’t overdo it: underarms, genitals, feet, face (we’re not even talking about hands anymore…) wash every day. But the daily shower is not essential, especially in winter: your skin will thank you for sparing it the drying hard water.
- Duration and temperature: prefer a warm, invigorating shower to a long, hot bath (especially one filled with petrochemical foam…). Gather your courage and finish with a cool shower: the best way to tone up, improve circulation and fight against dimpled skin.
- Your movements: preferably soap yourself by hand, dry meticulously by dabbing.
Finally, the choice of products is essential:
- Forget conventional gels and soaps full of sulfated agents and other substances at best irritating: preservatives, perfumes, synthetic dyes …
- The best? A superfatted soap rich in vegetable oils, cold saponified in order to keep their nutrients intact: vitamins E, A, squalene, phytosterols, terpenes make it a real soft, nourishing, restructuring, softening body care.
- Pimples on the back or neckline? Reinforce the action of your soap with a natural purifying cleansing gel.
Exfoliate: in (great) moderation
Step 2, a classic in body routines: exfoliation. Proclaimed essential for renewed, deeply cleansed skin… really? In reality, most skins have more to lose than to gain.
Our epidermis is an ecosystem in which bacteria, fat and even dead skin do not necessarily have to be eradicated. Their role? To protect it. Aggressions, infections, diseases… And the aggressive scrubs disturb this balance. Even create new problems: mechanical acne, micro-injuries, drying… Hum, we saw better to take care of its body. Our advice?
We banish scrubs, exfoliation, dry cleaning:
If you have fragile skin: very dry, reactive, acne, eczema, psoriasis, shingles …
In the heart of winter and in the middle of summer: our skin then has great need of all its thickness.
We prefer :
Natural homemade scrubs, only for the strongest skins. Without rubbing, mainly on rough areas, at most once a week at the end of summer or winter.
Follow the 5 tips in this article: a well-cared-for epidermis is amazingly effective and renews itself naturally, at its own pace.
Moisturize: never skip a step
On the other hand, unless you want to give up on a comfortable epidermis capable of defending itself, there is no question of skipping the unavoidable moisturizing.
Taking care of your body means first of all drinking enough. At least 1.5 liters/day of low mineralized water: your epidermis draws most of its resources from it.
Moisturizing your skin also means helping it retain this water by providing it with good fatty acids to reinforce its mission statement, lipid cement and hydrolipidic film. A role tailored to our cosmetics… provided we forget about conventional milks with inert petrochemical mineral oils. Only the lipids of vegetable oils and butters, in close affinity with our own, are capable of doing this. While nourishing our skin in nutrients: double blow!
At least daily, ideally after washing, apply a care product adapted to :
- To the body: face, body, hands, feet have specific needs, to each its moisturizer.
- To your skin: your moisturizer must be sufficiently nourishing. But not too rich, at the risk of causing imperfections. So, moisturizing milk, nourishing cream or emollient balm? Listen and observe: tightness, crocodile skin or itching, your epidermis knows when and where it’s not working.
- To its specific needs: your routine is not fixed once and for all. Change of season, swimming, sun, pregnancy: respond to its more intense needs with more frequent application and/or richer care.
Massage : the answer to (almost) everything
Cellulite, orange peel skin, stretch marks, sagging tissue? There is an answer to all these problems: massage. Combined with good active ingredients, it is THE secret to taking care of your body. Don’t have any of these concerns? Massage yourself anyway (and enjoy your chance): to tone and soften the skin, activate circulation, stimulate collagen and elastin. As effective as exfoliation or dry cleansing in boosting cell renewal. But gently.
- Apply your moisturizer with broad, enveloping smoothing movements and then light, draining pressure,
- Treat yourself to regular appointments with our Oil Lala synergy of oils for a luminous finish and a sweet scent. In the summer, if your skin doesn’t need too much, you can use it instead of your milk.
- Have more targeted concerns? Take it to the next level with a strong twice-daily massage and selected active ingredients:
- Against cellulite: forget lymphatic brushing, prefer drainage by palpating and rolling, which is just as effective against orange peel skin and on fatty deposits but without attacking the epidermis. By hand or by suction cup, always with an oil in order not to irritate the skin.
- To prevent stretch marks, massage the affected areas with a very nourishing cream, rich in vegetable butters (Shea, Cocoa) and protective oils (Avocado, Baobab…): Body Guard for all skin types! Stretch marks appear? Long live the restructuring healing active ingredients, collagen boosters: Rose Hip Oil, Daisy Macerate, Calophylla, Argan… Adopt Loving Balm or add a few drops of our synergy of regenerating healing plant oils to your Body Guard.
Get out of the bathroom: a healthy lifestyle for your skin
By the way, get a massage if you like it: it’s also a great way to fight the effects of stress. Because our lifestyle is directly reflected in our skin. Stress, in particular, among other sources of free radicals, the main culprits in the aging of our skin. Their undermining work can however be easily delayed. The right reflexes?
Fill up on antioxidants
In your cosmetics: Baobab, Borage, Carrot, Centella Asiatica, Pomegranate… the list is long! All our body care products are particularly rich in antioxidants, but when your needs are more intense, to repair your skin and boost its firmness, you can enrich them with a few drops of our regenerating plant oil synergy, a powerful antioxidant. On the plate, adopt anti-aging foods and, more generally, a balanced diet rich in fresh and organic seasonal fruits and vegetables: we particularly recommend 6 foods for a radiant skin.
Beware of the sun
This friend-enemy relationship deserves special attention. With the sun, our skin is luminous and receives the vitamin D essential to its renewal, eczema or psoriasis are more discreet. But the sun’s UV rays accelerate its aging process, cover it with brown spots and alter its elastin and collagen. It can even cause lesions and cancer. In short, a reasonable relationship with the sun is essential for a long-lasting skin in good shape. On a daily basis, forget creams with built-in sun filters, which are irritating and not really effective, and prefer plant-based active ingredients with a slight anti-UV action (Coconut, Olive, Raspberry, Wheat germ). Do you expose yourself? Moderation, always, and the best possible sun cream is a must!
Move, breathe, relax!
The skin is an unvarnished reflection of our physical and psychological state. Logically, sport is a precious ally for taking care of your body: it tones tissues and their muscular support, boosts collagen and microcirculation, and combats stress. On this point, special mention for yoga. But also sleep: get enough sleep, it is also essential for cell renewal.
Finally, do yourself a favor: relaxation and happiness, no active ingredient is more powerful in taking care of your body! On the condition, of course, that you avoid counterproductive pleasures that are disastrous for collagen and health, especially alcohol, tobacco and refined sugars. Walking, reading, cocooning, music, meditation, dancing? It’s up to you!
If you are asked about your beauty routine, do you list your facial treatments? What about your body? One by one, when the skin is tight? Maybe at the beginning of the summer, to eradicate this crocodile skin before the beach… Wrong! For a healthy and comfortable skin on the long run, you have to take care of your body every day.